One consumer alleges that received repeat telemarketing calls from various entities saying that he could get a “free” home alarm system. The consumer says he was told that Alliance Security would install the security system at “no cost.” The catch: he’d have to sign a service contract to pay a company called Monitronics $49.99 per month for five years, as he alleges in his TCPA lawsuit against Alliance and Monitronics. The Alliance Security unwanted call TCPA lawsuit says the plaintiff received a total of 51 unwanted phone calls from Alliance, Monitronics, or companies working on their behalf. Many of the calls used autodialers or prerecorded voices, the consumer says.
Various Companies Place Unwanted Calls on behalf of Alliance Security and Monitronics: Lawsuit Says
One lawsuit against Alliance alleges that companies calling on its behalf went by various names:
- Home Security Center
- Defend America
- General Electric Security Pro
- Comet Media
- Lucky 7
- Home Protection Services
- GE Home Security
The lawsuit says that various numbers were associated with the calls (e.g. appearing on caller ID or given as callback numbers):
- (435) 255-6595
- (888) 336-9616
- (877) 323-1599
Another proposed lawsuit against Alliance Security alleged similar issues, but also sued Jasjit Gotra, as president and managing director of Alliance Security. The proposed complaint alleges that:
“Defendant Gotra is under a consent decree judgment with the FTC that prohibits him from serving as a director of any company involved in unlawful telemarketing. Gotra’s continued activity as a telemarketing director and president of Defendant Corporation is an affront to this nation’s system of justice.”
The plaintiff says he received calls from the following numbers:
- (412) 430-5584
- (214) 447-7468
- (815) 687-8515
- (440) 999-8003
- (440) 617-5633
- (440) 252-3358
- (732) 759-2044
- (214) 452-1496.
Our Current TCPA Lawsuits and Investigations
- Target Robocalls Lawsuit – The retailer Target has faced several TCPA lawsuits in the past for unwanted calls or texts, including calls related to Target-brand credit cards. We are investigating whether Target’s alleged robocalling is ongoing.
- Audi Dealer Unwanted Calls Lawsuit – We’re investigating allegations that a “customer retention” company is calling former customers on behalf of Audi dealers, trying to get Audi drivers to keep servicing their cars at the dealership.
- Grand Canyon University Harassing Calls Lawsuit – We are investigating allegations that Grand Canyon admissions staff are making repeated unwanted calls to people’s cell phones. Former Grand Canyon employees have said the admissions recruiting job is essentially telemarketing.
- Home Energy Solutions Robocall Lawsuit – We are investigating allegations that a “home energy” company, going by various names, is using automatic dialers to send spam telemarketing calls to people’s cell phones and landlines.
Our Consumer Practice Attorneys
Our Consumer Practice Experience
For nearly 30 years, our consumer protection attorneys have challenged unfair business practices that erode consumers’ confidence and compromise their rights. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients in litigation against the world’s largest corporations, earning some of the largest consumer settlements of all time and establishing our reputation as a skilled and trusted advocate for consumers.
Gibbs Law Group is a California-based law firm committed to protecting the rights of clients nationwide who have been harmed by corporate misconduct. We represent individuals, whistleblowers, employees, and small businesses across the U.S. against the world’s largest corporations. Our award-winning lawyers have achieved landmark recoveries and over a billion dollars for our clients in high-stakes class action and individual cases involving consumer protection, data breach, digital privacy, and federal and California employment lawsuits. Our attorneys have received numerous honors for their work, including “Top Plaintiff Lawyers in California,” “Top Class Action Attorneys Under 40,” “Consumer Protection MVP,” “Best Lawyers in America,” and “Top Cybersecurity/ Privacy Attorneys Under 40.”