A founding partner at Gibbs Law Group, Eric has negotiated groundbreaking settlements that resulted in meaningful reforms to unlawful business practices. He was recently recognized as California Lawyer Attorney of the Year and was named to the Top Plaintiff Lawyers in California for 2019.
Many business owners suffering losses from coronavirus are turning to their insurance providers for help.
Unfortunately, Cincinnati Insurance has allegedly discouraged business owners from filing claims or denied their claims without doing a full investigation.
Don’t let them have the final say. Our law firm can help review your policy for free; you may still be able to recover your losses.
Cincinnati Insurance deny your claim?
Don’t give up. We can review your policy, for free.
I'm not sure if I'm insured with Cincinnati Insurance; do they go by other names?
Cincinnati Financial Corporation sells business insurance policies under the following names:
- The Cincinnati Insurance Company
- The Cincinnati Casualty Company
- The Cincinnati Indemnity Company
Other Cincinnati Insurance Lawsuits
On April 6, 2020, a dental clinic in Illinois filed suit against Cincinnati Insurance for denying its coronavirus-related claim.
- Civil authority clause: according to this lawsuit, since the state of Illinois ordered the business to shut down, Cincinnati Insurance should cover the dental clinic’s losses under its work interruption policy.
On April 7, 2020, a repertory theater in Indiana filed suit against Cincinnati Casualty.
- Exclusions must be clear and up-front: Though Cincinnati Casualty had not technically denied coverage yet, the insurance provider had allegedly sent a letter on March 23 to policyholders, including the theater company, claiming that closures due to coronavirus would not be covered. According to this lawsuit, this blanket denial on coronavirus flies in the face of what Cincinnati’s “all-risk” policies claimed to offer–policies that Cincinnati Casualty had sold and accepted payments on for years.
On April 27, 2020, a bar and music venue in Philadelphia filed a proposed class action against Cincinnati Insurance.
- Insurance companies don’t get the final say: in addition to helping customers whose claims have been denied, this class action also seeks a court order (declaratory judgment) to ensure qualified customers will get their claims approved without having to jump through hoops after bad faith denials.
Our Insurance Recovery Attorneys Have a Winning Record Against the Largest Insurance Companies
Over the past 35 years, our insurance team has won over $50 million in coverage for our business and individual clients. Lesser Law Group founder Don Lesser’s trial victories include multi-million dollar commercial leasing dispute in San Francisco in which Mr. Lesser and co-counsel, representing a prominent San Francisco restaurant, prevailed on all claims, obtained an alternative award of terminating sanctions against the opponent, and won a $1.8 million attorney’s fees award upheld on appeal.
“When insurance issues come up, the Lesser Law Group is my first and only call. Their deep understanding of the issues and knowledge of insurance law ensures that they always provide efficient, useful and timely guidance.”
Andre represents plaintiffs in high-stakes complex litigation and appeals in state and federal courts throughout the country. He has authored briefs filed in the U.S. Supreme Court and received the California Lawyer Attorney of the Year Award in 2019.
Amy Zeman represents clients in a wide variety of complex litigation, with experience working closely with class representatives and consumer contacts. She uses her prior career experience as an accounting/ compliance manager in the financial services sector to identify and investigate fraud claims.
As Managing Partner of The Lesser Law Group, Don has represented hundreds of policyholders, agents and brokers and insurers for over 35 years concerning a wide range of insurance products and coverage issues, including claims disputes. He has obtained over $50 million in insurance coverage for his clients and brings an uncommon depth and breadth of experience in insurance law.
Andrew is a Partner at Cohen Milstein and the Co-Chair of the firm’s award-winning Consumer Protection practice group. Mr. Friedman is a nationally recognized leader in the area of complex, multi-state lawsuits against major insurers, credit card companies, and other manufacturers and service providers.
Geoffrey leads Cohen Milstein’s Business Interruption Insurance team. As a Partner and a member of the Consumer Protection practice group, he specializes in complex litigation involving false advertising, fraud, and other forms of unfair business practices at the hands of insurance companies, banks, health care companies, and others.
Victoria is a Partner at Cohen Milstein and Co-Chair of the firm’s Public Client practice. She represents clients in civil law enforcement investigations and litigation involving consumer protection, fraud, and other areas of enforcement.
Eric A. Kafka
Eric is a member of Cohen Milstein’s Consumer Protection practice. He also serves on Public Justice’s Class Action Preservation Committee.
Karina G. Puttieva
Karina is a member of Cohen Milstein’s Consumer Protection practice and focuses on litigating class actions on behalf of consumers who have been harmed by large corporations.
About Our Award-Winning Legal Team
We have assembled a coalition of two prominent law firms – Gibbs Law Group and Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll – with expertise in successfully litigating insurance fraud claims and other complex litigation. Spanning from the east to west coast, our firms have earned numerous awards for our innovative strategies and relentless efforts to advance and protect plaintiffs’ rights in complex cases, class actions and individual litigation.
Our clients benefit from our size and resources. Our attorneys have litigated against some of the largest corporations in the world, and we have recovered billions of dollars on our clients’ behalf. Together, our team is committed to going above and beyond for our clients as we strive to protect their rights.
Gibbs Law Group
Gibbs Law Group is a California-based law firm committed to protecting the rights of clients nationwide who have been harmed by corporate misconduct. We represent small businesses, individuals, whistleblowers, and employees across the U.S. against the world’s largest corporations. Our award-winning lawyers have achieved landmark recoveries and over a billion dollars for our clients in high-stakes complex lawsuits and individual cases involving consumer protection, data breach, digital privacy, and federal and California employment lawsuits. Our attorneys have received numerous honors for their work, including:
- Daily Journal, “Top Boutique Law Firms in California” (2019)
- Law360, “Titans of the Plaintiffs Bar- Eric Gibbs” (2019)
- Law360, “Class Action Practice Group of the Year” (2020)
- Daily Journal, Two “California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) Awards” (2019)
- Daily Journal, “Top Plaintiff Lawyers in California- Eric Gibbs” (2019, 2016)
- Best Lawyers in America (2012-2019)
Cohen Milstein’s award-winning Consumer Protection practice is at the forefront of representing individuals, retailers, restaurants, and other small businesses in insurance fraud and coverage litigation, having litigated individual and class action lawsuits against many of the leading health, life, and property and casualty insurance companies before state and federal courts across the United States.
We have received numerous accolades for our work in consumer law:
- Law360, “Consumer Protection Group of the Year: Cohen Milstein” (2019)
- Law360, “Practice Group of the Year – Consumer Protection” (2018)
- The National Law Journal, “Winner – Elite Trial Lawyers – Consumer” (2018)
- Law360, “Practice Group of the Year – Class Action” (2017)
Lesser Law Group
The Lesser Law Group is committed to helping our clients recover the policy benefits for which they’ve paid premiums, often for many years. Since 1999, we’ve obtained over $50 million in coverage for our business and individual insurance clients. Our successes included recoveries under general liability, directors and officers, errors and omissions, homeowners, and other types of insurance policies involving claims for construction defects, corporate shareholder disputes and securities class actions, legal and medical malpractice, property losses and business interruption claims. We have an uncommon practical understanding of the insurance industry based on having trained its personnel, written insurance policies, drafted procedures for claims handling, underwriting, marketing and sales, and helped assure compliance with insurance laws and regulations.
Our founder Don Lesser is recognized by his peers for his outstanding knowledge of insurance law and has received the following awards:
- Martindale-Hubble, “Preeminent” – the highest rating (2006-2020)
- “Super Lawyers” recognition, 2019-2020
Share this on: