Our attorneys are investigating allegations that a California energy improvement company is repeatedly making unwanted calls to consumers, trying to sell them energy-efficient windows, vinyl siding, air conditioners, and bathtubs.
The company has gone by various names, according to past TCPA lawsuits against them:
- Direct Home Energy Solutions
- Powerstar Home Energy Solutions
- Green Home Improvement
- Everlast Home Energy Solutions.
Receive unwanted calls from a “home energy” or “green home” company?
You may be entitled to up to $1,500 per unwanted call under federal law. Contact us for a free case evaluation. No obligations.
Previous Unwanted Call TCPA Lawsuits Against “Home Energy Solutions”
There has been a prior TCPA lawsuit against Direct Home Energy Solutions, Green Home Improvement Program, and Powerstar Home Energy Solutions, allegedly run by a corporation called “GDFriend, Inc.” According to the California Secretary of State, GDFriend, Inc. is connected with Gregory D. Friend at 14252 Culver Dr., A213, Irvine CA 92604.
The past TCPA lawsuit alleged that the defendant ran a “wide-scale telemarketing” operations that involved making “repeated unsolicited autodialed telephone calls to consumers’ cellular phones.” The various “Home Energy Solutions” entities are alleged to have even called consumers who opted out of all unconsented-to telemarketing calls by listing their number of the National Do Not Call Registry.
The unwanted calls are alleged to have come from:
Unwanted calls often violated the Consumer Telephone Protection Act (TCPA), a federal law that provides consumers with $500 to $1,500 per unwanted call. The harshness of the penalty on offenders was to act as a deterrent to spam telephone calls.
There was another past TCPA lawsuit against Direct Home Energy Solutions, allegedly run by the corporation “Friendlum, Inc.” According to the California Secretary of State, the business address for Friendlum, Inc. is the same as the one for GDFriend, Inc.
The lawsuit alleged that the plaintiff has received five unwanted telemarketing calls from Direct Home Energy Solutions. The calls were from the phone number (949) 537-7860.
The defendant allegedly runs several websites, including “directhomeenergy.com,” “directgogreen.com,” and “ghip.org.”
Our Current TCPA Lawsuits and Investigations
- Target Robocalls Lawsuit – The retailer Target has faced several TCPA lawsuits in the past for unwanted calls or texts, including calls related to Target-brand credit cards. We are investigating whether Target’s alleged robocalling is ongoing.
- Audi Dealer Unwanted Calls Lawsuit – We’re investigating allegations that a “customer retention” company is calling former customers on behalf of Audi dealers, trying to get Audi drivers to keep servicing their cars at the dealership.
- Grand Canyon University Harassing Calls Lawsuit – We are investigating allegations that Grand Canyon admissions staff are making repeated unwanted calls to people’s cell phones. Former Grand Canyon employees have said the admissions recruiting job is essentially telemarketing.
- Alliance Security Robocalls Lawsuit – We are investigating allegations that Alliance Security and Monitronics are using autodialed phone calls to telemarket their services.
Our Consumer Attorneys
Our Consumer Practice Experience
For nearly 30 years, our consumer protection attorneys have challenged unfair business practices that erode consumers’ confidence and compromise their rights. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients in litigation against the world’s largest corporations, earning some of the largest consumer settlements of all time and establishing our reputation as a skilled and trusted advocate for consumers.
Gibbs Law Group is a California based class action national law firm committed to protecting the rights of our clients who have been harmed by corporate misconduct. We represent individuals, whistleblowers, employees and small businesses across the U.S. against the world’s largest corporations. Our award-winning lawyers have achieved landmark recoveries and over a billion dollars for our clients in high-stakes cases involving consumer protection, California employment and federal employment lawsuits; and data breach and digital privacy lawsuits.
You could get $1,500 for every call
The TCPA lets consumers collect a penalty of up to $1,500 per unwanted call. Contact us to learn more about how to collect penalties you’re owed.
Share this on: