Posted August 4, 2020
Oakland-based Gibbs Law Group LLP is a nationally-recognized law firm representing plaintiffs in class and collective actions across the country. The firm takes on industry giants and brings justice to plaintiffs in class and mass actions, whistleblower lawsuits, and individual personal injury cases. Our cases involve pharmaceutical and medical device-related injuries; defective and dangerous consumer products; and fraudulent and unfair practices involving financial services, advertising, and contracts.
The firm is comprised of lawyers who believe that products should be safe, the marketplace fair, and that companies should be held accountable for their actions. We are routinely recognized by courts and our peers as offering the highest caliber legal service to our clients.
We are seeking an attorney for our Oakland office. The ideal candidate will be committed to the plaintiff’s bar and genuinely interested in practicing law in a demanding litigation environment. This position includes assisting with the management of cases, overseeing discovery and claims processes, and communicating with clients.
We offer exposure to high-profile national cases, competitive compensation, full benefits package, 401(k) and a congenial working environment.
• J.D. from an accredited law school
• Admission to the California Bar and in good standing
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our firm’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. And we’re committed to anti-racism.
Posted August 4, 2020
Looking for an interesting entry-level law firm position in the East Bay? You may be the perfect candidate for a litigation assistant position at Gibbs Law Group LLP.
Our firm represents individuals in high-stakes (and often high-profile) class action and personal injury litigation. We bring cases against the country’s largest corporations—including utility companies, banks, and automobile manufacturers.
We offer a fast-paced and team-oriented atmosphere, where you will have an opportunity to meaningfully contribute and learn more about the legal profession. You will interview potential clients, perform case investigations, help with gathering and organizing information and documents for cases, do a lot of communication over the phone and more — we are looking for individuals who enjoy being challenged and who take pride in their work.
You’ll Need to Have:
- A commitment to the work we do
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good phone etiquette and feel comfortable speaking on the phone
This position is full time and we offer full benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation and sick pay
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan
Due to COVID-19, all positions are currently work-from-home. For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted August 4, 2020
Gibbs Law Group is an award-winning national law firm based in Oakland, California. We are committed to protecting people who have been harmed by corporate misconduct. We represent individuals, whistleblowers, employees, and small businesses across the U.S. against the world’s largest corporations. We offer a fast-paced and team-oriented atmosphere where you will have an opportunity to meaningfully contribute, learn more about the legal profession, and blaze a new path at the intersection of law and technology.
Our firm uses technology to make justice more accessible to everyday people. We are looking for a technically-minded individual with an adaptable skill set who enjoys practical problem-solving, leveraging technology in novel ways, and developing scalable solutions to make a difference in our practice and in the world.
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Savings Account
- Vacation, sick, and parental leave
- Automation – leverage low-code, no-code, and code-based solutions to help gather information from clients, reduce the need for manual data entry, and streamline internal processes to save time.
- Integration – facilitate cross-platform functionality and communication between various systems to enable applications and services to speak seamlessly with one another.
- Bulk data processing – manage massive amounts of data for thousands of clients in mass torts and class actions and ensure integrity and consistency in the data.
- Light web development – assist with the development of client portals and frontend websites to help serve the firm’s clients and enable us to provide consultations to people seeking legal services.
- Emails – assist with sending bulk emails in a manner that ensures high deliverability rates.
An ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- Problem solving – determine most efficient ways to solve challenges and satisfy the needs of the litigation, while creatively resolving errors or issues that arise.
- Teamwork – work on projects with different groups of team members, many of them remote. Good communication skills are essential.
- Flexibility – assigned projects will change frequently with shifting priorities. Team members need the capacity to adapt to changed circumstances.
- Attention to detail – as our systems grow increasingly complex and interconnected, overlooking a small detail can lead to serious downstream errors or impacts.
- Feedback – giving and getting feedback are essential to our team culture and our ability to further our goals of remaining adaptable and innovative. Devotion to continual improvement is crucial.
Preferred (some experienced preferred, but not required)
- APIs – experience working with APIs, using GET and POST requests, building integrations using developer tools.
- Analytics – experience working with data to inform decisionmaking, such as using advertising metrics or KPIs.
- Project management – experience working with others on long-term projects with many moving pieces.
- Salesforce – experience setting up and managing data in Salesforce, using Salesforce tools to make data more accessible to team members, working with Salesforce programming languages, such as Apex, SOQL, or Lightning Components.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gibbs Law Group LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not unlawfully consider an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, or gender in any employment decision. This policy governs all aspects of employment at the Firm, including hiring, assignments, promotions, compensation, employee benefits, employee discipline and discharge, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Gibbs Law Group LLP is committed to evaluating each applicant and employee on the basis of personal skill and merit. The Firm will ensure that both the spirit and intent of the laws prohibiting employment discrimination are fully implemented in all our working relationships.
Gibbs Law Group LLP will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known physical or mental disabilities when appropriate.
Employees or job candidates with questions or who wish to file a complaint may contact us at 1-800-254-9493 or via email at email@example.com.
Share this on: