The New York Times reports the most vulnerable people pay the highest amount in overdraft fees to big banks like Kearny Bank. More than 80% of overdraft fees charged by banks in 2019 were paid by only 9 percent of account holders, often those with the lowest income.
Our consumer protection attorneys are pursuing an overdraft fees lawsuit investigation against Kearny Bank. We want to hear from you if you’ve experienced the following fees:
- Overdraft fees
- Insufficient funds (NSF) fees
- Intrabank transaction fees
- Foreign transaction fees
Use our form below for a free, confidential consultation about your fees. They may have been improperly charged.
Kearny Bank Overdraft and NSF Fees
Kearny Bank, headquartered in Fairfield, NJ, charges the following types of overdraft fees:
- $36 per item, if you have not opted into their overdraft protection plan
- Plus an additional $7 per day if, after 5 days, the overdraft remains unpaid
- $10 per transfer from your linked account, if you have opted into their overdraft protection plan
If you’ve experienced these fees, our law firm may be able to help.