Our auto defect attorneys are investigating allegations that Bosch fuel injection pumps are defective and can end up damaging vehicle engines. The “CP4” pumps are manufactured by Bosch and installed in various Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, and Jeep trucks and SUVs. The CP4 pumps are frequently installed as the diesel injector for Duramax engines. Drivers have reported that when the Bosch CP4 fuel injection pumps fail, they can cause the vehicles to stall and leave metal shavings in the fuel line, which may require replacement of the entire Duramax or EcoDiesel engine.
Several Duramax fuel pump failure lawsuits have already been filed concerning alleged defects in the Bosch CP4 high-pressure diesel injector. We are investigating whether another Bosch CP4 Fuel Injector Lawsuit is merited.
Experienced a Duramax or EcoDiesel fuel pump failure?
Diesel Trucks and SUVs Affected by Bosch CP4 Fuel Pump Failure Problems
The following vehicles may be affected:
- 2011-2016 Ford diesel pickups, including the F-250, F-350, and F-450 (6.7L Power Stroke engines)
- 2011-2016 Chevrolet Silverado diesel trucks (Duramax LML engine)
- 2011-2012 Chevrolet Silverado diesel trucks (Duramax LGH engine)
- 2011-2016 GMC Sierra diesel trucks (Duramax LML engine)
- 2011-2012 GMC Sierra diesel trucks (Duramax LGH engine)
- 2010-2011 GMC Savana (Duramax LGH engine)
- 2010-2011 Chevrolet Express van (Duramax LGH engine)
- 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokees (EcoDiesel engine)
- 2014-2016 Dodge Ram trucks (EcoDiesel Engines)
Drivers Report Fuel Injection Pump Failures Resulting from Lubrication Problems
According a Diesel Tech article, “it’s literally just a matter of time until your CP4 pump fails,” which can be “catastrophic.” Pump failures can reportedly destroy the injectors, leave metal shavings in your fuel lines (requiring replacement of the entire system), and in some cases, crack the gear and throw it through the engine’s front timing cover.
Per an article by Race Ready Fabrication, the CP4 fuel injection pump was introduced to reduce costs. According to the article, the CP4 pump is intended to be more efficient and is smaller in volume than past fuel injection pumps, but experiences lubrication problems with diesel fuel present in the United States.
CP4 Fuel Pump Failure Complaints
A number of drivers have described their experiences online:
- 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500: Bosch CP4.2 fuel pump malfunctioned and contaminated the entire fuel and injection system with metal shavings. The truck engine stopped while traveling at 50 MPH on a city street and left me with no power steering. The entire fuel system needs to now be replaced and not covered by the manufacturer. Repair bill of over $7,000.
- 2011 Ford F-250: While driving approximately 55 MPH, the vehicle lost power and the instrument panel indicators illuminated. The vehicle was towed to Lone Star Ford . . . where it was diagnosed that the high injection fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and opened a case.
- 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500: While driving 30 MPH, the vehicle stalled without warning and failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel injection system failed from within the inside and the entire system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure.
- 2012 GMC Sierra: The fuel injection pump CP4 had a catastrophic failure as I was driving on a heavily traveled four lane highway, US RT 20. I lost power steering and brakes. I felt fortunate that I was not towing a 16,000 LB fifth wheel camper down a mountain road. I say this because it was extremely difficult to maintain control over the truck steering and brining it to a controlled stop. I have read about these pumps failing on numerous diesel Ford and GM trucks.
Our Auto Defect Attorneys
Our Auto Defect Experience
The auto defect attorneys at Gibbs Law Group have over 20 years of experience representing drivers against major vehicle manufacturers such as Honda, General Motors, Hyundai, Toyota, Kia, and Ford. We have earned over $1 billion for our clients and have achieved some of the largest auto defect settlements on record.
Read more about our results.
Gibbs Law Group is a California-based law firm committed to protecting the rights of clients nationwide who have been harmed by corporate misconduct. We represent individuals, whistleblowers, employees, and small businesses across the U.S. against the world’s largest corporations. Our award-winning lawyers have achieved landmark recoveries and over a billion dollars for our clients in high-stakes class action and individual cases involving consumer protection, data breach, digital privacy, and federal and California employment lawsuits. Our attorneys have received numerous honors for their work, including “Top Plaintiff Lawyers in California,” “Top Class Action Attorneys Under 40,” “Consumer Protection MVP,” “Best Lawyers in America,” and “Top Cybersecurity/ Privacy Attorneys Under 40.”
Join a CP4 Fuel Pump Lawsuit?
Fill out the form for a free consultation.
Share this on: