SanDisk Defective Hard Drives Lawsuit Investigation
At a glance
- What are the SanDisk lawsuits about?We are helping people who bought defective SanDisk Extreme Portable SSDs and Western Digital My Passports recover losses with a class action lawsuit.
- What did SanDisk do wrong?SanDisk allegedly knew the portable hard drives were defective and sold them anyway.
- What is the goal of this lawsuit?We are helping SanDisk customers recover a refund for the purchase of defective Portable SSDs.
Purchase a defective SanDisk Extreme hard drive?
Contact our lawyers for a no-cost consultation.
SanDisk Extreme Hard Drives Fail and Wipe Customer Data
According to reports, SanDisk, a subsidiary of Western Digital Technologies, knowingly sold defective Portable SSDs that can suddenly fail and erase users’ data. Customers have reported that when plugging the storage device into a computer, the following message pops up: “The disk you attached was not readable by this computer.”
Starting as far back as 2022, users have complained about complete data losses and that their devices have become unusable. Many disgruntled customers reported issues with the portable drives on Reddit, where there are hundreds of complaints about the defective devices. Western Digital Technologies responded with a firmware update that reportedly did not seem to help the problem.
SanDisk Models with High Failure Rate
- SanDisk Extreme Portable 500GB
- SanDisk Extreme Portable 1TB
- SanDisk Extreme Portable 2TB
- SanDisk Extreme Portable 4TB
- SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable 1TB
- SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable 2TB
- SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable 4TB
- Western Digital My Passport 500GB
- Western Digital My Passport 1TB
- Western Digital My Passport 4TB
Contact an Attorney